Are you having Thanksgiving in your new or used RV this year? We can help the day stay as tasty as ever with this fantastic Thanksgiving recipe for ham! It’s quick, simple, and incredibly delicious (good luck having leftovers!). Plus, because it uses a slow cooker, you can save oven space for other dishes.
Thanksgiving Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless, fully cooked ham (4-6 pounds)
- 2 20-ounce cans of pineapple chunks, juice reserved and set aside
- 1 jar stemless maraschino cherries
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
You’ll also need:
- Slow cooker
- Small mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- First, cut the ham into serving-size pieces. You can do this as slices, bite size chunks…however you like it! Just cut that ham up and place it in the slow cooker.
- Open the cans of pineapple. Drain off the juice into the small mixing bowl and set aside. Add the pineapple chunks to the slow cooker.
- Throw in all of the maraschino cherries (no juice) with the ham and pineapple.
- To the pineapple juice, add the brown sugar and mustard. Whisk well into a slurry. Pour over ham.
- Cover and let cook at low heat for 4 hours. Enjoy!
This incredibly easy Thanksgiving recipe is a total crowd pleaser. The brown sugar-mustard-pineapple juice mixture will work wonders and slow-roasts a wonderful, tangy-sweet sauce into the ham. Your whole family will be clamoring for more! Plus, it’s easy to adjust for larger crowds: for each additional 2 pounds of ham, add another jar of pineapple chunks and half a jar of cherries. Increase the sauce by adding 1/3 cup of brown sugar and a sizeable sploot of mustard. Specific proportions aren’t completely essential, but it is important that everyone gets their fill!
Wherever you’re spending the holidays this year, we wish you happy and safe travels – and a warm, wonderful time with those you love most.